Sunday, August 31, 2014

MSF is So F**king Rock

I've decided to be "flexible" with my plan. Due to circumstances I won't bore people with here, I missed a run this week, and today's long run was only half the distance scheduled. I will get in the rest of the miles later, but I'm super excited to show you my route.

I'm ran this route to tell people that Doctors Without Borders (Medecins Sans Frontieres to the rest of the world not in the US) is So F**king Rock. You may be saying, "Well, yeah, of course they are, but so what?" I'm going to ask you to donate money to them, tell you a bit about why they are So F**king Rock, and I'll be honest about why I thought to try to raise money for them.

First, here's my route:


I ran 3.55 miles, so I think it would be great if my friends, family, and blog readers would donate $3.55 to MSF. Or, you can round up to $5, or whatever amount you want! I will also take challenges over the next month to raise more money. if you want me to run a farther distance or make a different picture, comment with your request and what you'll donate, and I will see what I can do. You can easily contribute using this JustGiving page, (which is the group that inspired me to take up this cause- more on that in a minute).  Or you can donate directly to MSF here. If you donate on the JustGiving page, it would be awesome if you leave a note saying you are sponsoring Mary or snicketmom or use the hashtag #MSFisSFR so I can see that I've actually inspired contributions and feel good about myself.

So, what is this Angry (feet) JustGving page? I am a huge Tim Minchin fan. For the past couple years, I've participated in group birthday gifts for him through his fan forum, Angry (feet). This year instead of giving him a physical gift we are raising money for a charity he supports, Doctors Without Borders (MSF). I think this is a superb idea, the best birthday idea yet, and I am thrilled to participate!

MSF is an amazing organization, which helps people all over the world wherever there is a need, regardless of race, religion, nationality, or political affiliation. The doctors do this at great personal risk to their own health and safety. Right now, the work they are doing with the ebola outbreak is mind-blowing. Here are a couple short videos showing their work with ebola in Liberia and with Syrian refugees.





And now, to cheer you up, so Tim Minchin. Go donate to MSF; they really are so fucking rock.





No comments:

Post a Comment