Sunday, September 7, 2014

Five Miles at Farmdale

Today was a perfect day for a run at Farmdale Park.



I LOVE this place that is 5 minutes from my house, with miles and miles of trails. It is a beautiful place to run. I've gotten very lost here before (several times), so I am trying to get some miles under my belt and use the map to feel more comfortable running here. My pace on trails is pretty slow, but I am OK with that. There's so much to look at, I don't want to feel rushed anyway. This pace really wasn't bad, especially considering I stopped to look at the map and take some pictures. I'm only racing myself and the mosquitoes.


I started in the direction of the dam. You get to run across the top of a long dam. 


I stopped here to make a shadow shaka sign.


Then shortly I am to one of my favorite spots, a cluster of pines that smell amazing. I like the feel of footfalls on pine needles. 



Nine months ago my town was hit with a tornado. It's sad to see tornado debris by the trail.


And some trees that are sheared off by the tornado.


Then I come to my favorite thing in the park...the blue Chevy.


It took my friend, Jennifer, and I forever to find this, looking on multiple occasions. This is the first time I've gone to this spot by myself. 


It's so beautiful and peaceful here, and the weather was gorgeous today. 


There's also a cool creek. Depending on the route, you may cross it several times. You have to get your feet wet, literally. Today, it was just once at the end of my route. A fun ending to a perfect run.
















No comments:

Post a Comment